The Humanoids Blog
Welcome to the Humanoids blog. Here you will find posts, editorials, stories and the like from members of the Humanoids staff.
List of posts
Check out the picture below.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Ingram Publisher Services Inc., an Ingram Content Group company, today announced the addition of Humanoids to its publisher client list.
"Ingram Publisher Services welcomes Humanoids to Ingram," said Mark Ouimet, vice president and general manager, Ingram Publisher Services. "Humanoids will bring a new element to the publishing space."
Humanoids has signed with Ingram for exclusive sales and distribution to the book trade. For the past 17 years, Humanoids' books have been available exclusively through the comics channel direct market, where their presence has continually increased. Working with Ingram signals their first trade distribution.
"Humanoids landing in bookstores is a long-awaited move," said Fabrice Giger, Humanoids' publisher and CEO. "I believe that Ingram and the Ingram Publisher Services team are the perfect collaborators to bring worldwide best sellers such as The Incal to the book market, and meet the growing demand for quality graphic novels in the US."
Humanoids is a leading international graphic novel publisher with branches in the US, Europe and Japan, whose catalog features major works from acclaimed authors such as Alexandro Jodorowsky and Mœbius. Humanoids' backlist includes hundreds of titles by creators from around the world, including top American comics artists and writers such as John Cassaday and Kurt Busiek.
In addition to its publishing activities, Humanoids has recently signed several film deals with international and Hollywood-based production companies.
Story by Alexandro Jodorowsky, Art by Francois Boucq
Bouncer, the one-armed gunslinger, is the law inside the Inferno Saloon. This collection compiles his adventures and showdowns, from his family's violent legacy, to his stint as Barro City's executioner, to his misguided attempts at love - all populated by the Wild West's most perverse and bizarre characters.
Mastermind writer and filmmaker Alexandro Jodorowsky rides out with artist Francois Boucq, whose savage vision vividly captures the American West in all its gritty glory. Collects the series' first 7 volumes together for the first time.
Quick facts about Bouncer:
• Ground-breaking writer (Final Incal, The Metabarons, The White Lama) and cult director (El Topo, Santa Sangre, The Dance of Reality) Alexandro Jodorowsky smashes the genre mold once again with his realistic yet unique take on the Western genre.
• Francois Boucq is a prolific, and award-winning (In 1998, Boucq was awarded the prestigious Grand Prix de la ville d'Angoulême) French comics creator with titles such as The Magician's Wife (Titan Books) and Billy Budd, KGB (Catalan Communications) with Jerome Charyn, and Pioneers of the Human Adventure (Catalan Communications).
• By the same creative team as The Shadow's Treasure.
• Includes a brand new afterword by comics historian Claude Ecken.
• Bouncer is being developed as a live action film.
Available below is the desktop wallpaper of Bouncer. Click the picture to choose your resolution
Bouncer arrives in stores October 14, 2015 with an MSRP of $44.95/£29.99
In one week, we will see the arrival of Anibal 5, available for purchase wherever Humanoids titles are carried.
Check out the picture below.
Story by Philippe Thirault, Art by Jorge Miguel
Ex-soldier, and widower, Frank Sokol must face the ghosts of the past when he returns to his native Croatia with his Canadian-born 11-year-old son, Ben. But when Ben is kidnapped, Frank will be forced to mend deep-seated familial wounds, and resort to his military training to get him back. Nothing will prepare him for what his search for his boy will uncover…
This original, fast-paced, and visceral tale, written by Philippe Thirault (Miss: Better Living Through Crime) and drawn by Jorge Miguel (The Z Word), catapults us deep into the seedy underworld of a country whose violent past still echoes into a fractured present.
Quick facts about Balkans Arena:
• While the story's characters and circumstances are fictional, it was inspired by real events.
• Philippe Thirault is the prolific French author of numerous books for Humanoids, including: Miss: Better Living Through Crime, The Hounds of Hell, and the upcoming (November 2015) historical fantasy series Mandalay with artist Butch Guice.
• Portuguese artist Jorge Miguel drew the final chapter of the zombie spoof The Zombies That Ate the World Book 3: Houston, We have a Problem.
• Based on an original idea by Darko Macan, writer of Star Wars, Grendel Tales: Devils & Deaths (Dark Horse), Hellblazer (DC Comics/Vertigo) and Soldier X (Marvel).
• Ideal for fans of films like Prisoners, Battle Royale, and Taken.
• "Balkans Arena provides a much-needed look at some very dark subject matter, and represents fine work by Thirault, Miguel and Macan. A grim reminder than no fictional monstrosity can match the depravity of the real world, and that there are no horrors greater than those human beings inflict on one another." -- Garth Ennis (writer, Preacher, Punisher, Crossed)
Available below is the desktop wallpaper of Balkans Arena. Click the picture to choose your resolution
Balkans Arena arrives in stores October 14, 2015 with an MSRP of $24.95/£17.99