HUMANOIDS is always ready to read new, exciting projects and welcome new talents to our family.
Please read and follow our guidelines before sending anything:
1) In order for us to review your project and its potential for one of our imprints (Humanoids Legacy, BiG, Life Drawn, H1), please fill out the Pitch Sheet doc and send to email@example.com. Any project that is sent without using this template will not be reviewed.
2) If you're both Writer and Artist, or if an Artist has been attached to the project, we usually ask for the following elements as well:
- 1 pinup or cover (JPG or PDF, under 3mb)
- 5-10 completed interior pages in PDF format (under 10mb total)
If you are a Writer and don’t have an artist, don’t worry. We have your back. Fill out the Pitch Sheet and, if we’re interested, we’ll build a creative team around your project.
3) Be yourself. Don’t try to ape someone’s style (in writing or art). And don’t start with “I have the perfect pitch for Humanoids”. Our company has published many comics in many genres throughout our rich history. Focus less on salesmanship and more on sending a solid pitch, well written and/or beautifully drawn.
4) Please review our catalog as posted on our website and understand our different imprints before you submit your pitch.
5) Try not to send us a pitch intended for another publisher (you’d look very bad).
6) We get many submissions every week, so we ask that you please be patient. We’ll review and give you feedback, on average, in one month's time. Due to the high volume of pitches we usually get after big events like SDCC or NYCC, it may take longer.
Looking forward to reading your pitches!
If you are an artist or color artist and want to have your work considered for potential Humanoids projects, please send a link to an online gallery (preferred) or a PDF portfolio of your work (under 10mb total) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Humanoids Editorial Team